Valdor Completes Definitive Sales and Marketing Agreement with JB&A
April 28, 2015 – Vancouver, B.C.Valdor Technology International Inc. (“Valdor”) (TSX: VTI-V) (OTC: VTIFF) (Frankfurt: VZAA) ) is pleased to report that Valdor has completed a Sales and Marketing Agreement with end to end video solutions provider JB&A, located in San Rafael, California.
The JB&A sales team has 20 representative experts in the streaming media market, geographically located throughout North America. JB&A will work with Valdor’s wholly owned subsidiary, Niagara Streaming Media (“Niagara”), to expand the Niagara sales and marketing footprint. Niagara will provide the product, training, servicing and maintenance. JB&A will enhance Niagara’s existing sales team and aid in vertical marketing campaigns. JB&A is committed to North American sales of the Niagara product lines of US$1.2 million during the remainder of the calendar year 2015 and US$3.0 million during the calendar year 2016. Valdor’s total sales revenue was US$1,140,000 for the fiscal year ended December 2014.
The global market for streaming media devices and associated software is projected¹ to be US$810 million in 2015 and US$923 million in 2016. Projections² on internet video traffic for 2016, on a global basis:
1) Internet video traffic is expected to be 55% of all consumer internet traffic in 2016, up from 51% in 2011;
2) Three trillion minutes (6 million years) (1.2 million minutes of video streamed or downloaded every second) of video content is expected to cross the internet each month in 2016, up from 735 billion in 2011;
3) Internet-video-to-TV traffic is expected to be 12% of consumer internet video traffic in 2016, up from 8% in 2011.
Mr. Jeff Burgess, CEO – JB&A, states: “We have endorsed the Niagara product lines for the past eight years because of their high video quality, high reliability and product ease of use. There is a mutual advantage for Niagara to be in the JB&A mix; JB&A can bundle Niagara products, as appropriate, with other related product lines that JB&A carries. We would not be developing this enhanced strategic partnership if we did not foresee dramatic growth potential in the Niagara product lines over the next few years.”
Mr. John Hammock, President – Niagara, states: “I have known Jeff Burgess for eight years and we have an excellent relationship. In JB&A he has created an efficient and effective marketing and sales team and JB&A is a distribution company that markets numerous products synergistic with the Niagara product lines. With JB&A’s additional North America sales reps, we foresee that our new strategic partnership will increase customer reach and will result in substantial revenue growth for Niagara.”
¹ Frost & Sullivan Growth Consulting
² Cisco Systems Inc.
Founded in 1996, JB&A has a sales and marketing team of 20 and is a leader in the field of video and content management. They are a mix of distributor, channel partner and solutions provider with an ecosystem of certified, tested and proven products and workflow solutions. The JB&A objective is to bring the most innovative and complete digital media management, IP/streaming, digital projection and connectivity solutions to market. They are staffed by industry experts in the products and solutions represented and they provide world class customer support.
Valdor is a technology company with three divisions:
1) Niagara Streaming Media, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an industry pioneer and global leader in the encoder hardware and software market. Niagara has numerous clients, including international television broadcasters and offices of the US Government. Thousands of Niagara systems have been deployed worldwide through its network of several hundred distributors and value added resellers. Niagara owns four patents and designs, manufactures and sells the Niagara and GoStream product lines. Streaming media encoders are the physical devices that are enabling streaming media to become the future of television and internet communications;
2) Valdor Fiber Optics, headquartered in San Francisco, California, is an optical fiber components company specializing in the design, manufacture and sale of passive fiber optic components, including some that use Valdor proprietary and patented technologies. Valdor is focused on harsh environment products for the roll-out of fibre-to-the-home in North America with a unique and compelling splitter design. Valdor has numerous clients and the Valdor splitters are installed in the optical fibre networks of Canadian telecoms. Fiber-to-the-home hard wiring will enable the bandwidth for television and internet communications of the future;
3)TeleVal, headquartered in Mexico City, Mexico, is an optical fiber components company specializing in the design, manufacture and sale of passive fiber optic components. TeleVal is focused on the deregulation of the telecom sector in Mexico and the roll-out of fibre-to-the-home in Latin America. TeleVal’s parent companies have numerous clients throughout North America and Latin America. Fiber-to-the-home hard wiring will enable the bandwidth for television and internet communications of the future.
The Valdor business plan incorporates growth by acquisition. For further information on Valdor’s product lines please visit www.valdor.com.
On Behalf Of the Board of Directors of
VALDOR TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL INC.
The TSX-Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. This news release may contain certain “Forward-Looking Statements” within the meaning of Section 21E of the United States Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, included herein are forward-looking statements that involve various risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the Company’s expectations are disclosed in the Company’s documents filed from time to time with the TSX-Venture Exchange, the British Columbia Securities Commission and the US Securities and Exchange Commission.